Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Quick Trip To Las Vegas

Over the weekend we headed to Las Vegas. The trip was stormy but we arrived safely and in good time. Friday night we mostly just settled in after talking with Mom and Dad Meservy.

Saturday morning my dad and I went to the Clark County Shooting Range with the Elder's Quorum. The top shooter earned a trophy declaring him "Top Shot" and that went to Bro. McFadden.

Next, we sanded and painted a used sewing machine table that Julia and I bought on a super deal (including machine). We rounded out the evening watching Imagine Dragons and AWOLNATION perform downtown near Fremont Street as part of the Vegas Music Summit. I also chatted with the attorney for the artist Prince.

Sunday, we enjoyed attending the home ward and I ran into Shane Flowers who I worked with from time to time during the summer of 2011. He was visiting because his cousin was inducted into the golfing hall of fame.

No comments: