Friday, September 27, 2013
The Summer flew by so quickly and we had such a great time down in Vegas. Here's what we've been up to:
- Had a fun time visiting James & Jillian in Provo on our way down to Vegas before they moved far far away.
- Took a Meservy Family trip in May to Newport Beach. What a blast. Great weather, bike rides, poetry night, dolphins at the beach, and DISNEYLAND!
Joe, Ned, & Josh swimming with dolphins.
- Spent lots of fun times with this little girl:
- Had my first minor league baseball experience. Go 51's! The best part about baseball? Eating lots of $1 priced foods, of course!
- Found a cool dog that followed me home. His name is Sherman and we fed him lots of orange chicken. Then when we found his owner we found out he is on an extremely restricted diet. Whoops!
- Mom & Barbara came for a visit in late June. It was so fun to see and spend time with both of them.
- Had a wonderful British themed baby shower in Vegas with Sarah. They spoiled us!
- We walked in the 4th of July Parade with the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers and placed 3rd in the walking divisions!
- After the parade there was a great party with tons of music. Joe, Ned, and Harry performed "Taking Care of Business:"
- Went to the Vegas Zoo. It was small, but so much fun!
Barbary ape eating otter pops. It was so hot we wanted one! The ape on the right wasn't family so he couldn't be with the other apes. No wonder he looks so grumpy.
Me & the Chinese Alligator
So hot out the cougar voluntarily takes a bath.
Joe & goat at the petting zoo.
Thumbs up otter.
- I took a fabulous 2 week trip to Houston to see the family. They treated me to Sea World, Wicked, a great baby shower (super spoiled again!), and lots of fun. Emma even showed me how to make a baby mobile for the nursery!
The Baby Shower - wish I had pictures from the other ones!
Owl Carrot Cake
- As fun as it was to be with my family it was great to get back to Joe in Vegas. Soon after my return we celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Joe took me to Spring Mountain Ranch for a beautiful picnic with all my favorite foods. He even took me to a French Bakery to pick out some delicious desserts. It was a wonderful surprise.
- For one date night Joe and I posted the below picture around town with James' phone number on it.
- Joe naturally dominated at family Scrabble games this Summer. One of his best moves, pictured below, shows him using all 7 of his letters on his first move with the word "Dominate."
- Before our move back to Spokane we took a Meservy Family trip to Cedar City to the Shakespeare Festival. We saw Love's Labour's Lost and King John. We had a beautiful picnic before the plays and a really great time overall.
- Joe had a great opportunity to extern this Summer for Judge Lloyd D. George, a federal judge on the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.
- Meanwhile, I grew and grew all Summer long. The first picture is from 24 weeks (6/9/2013) and the latter is from 36 weeks (8/31/2013). I can't believe I'm still getting bigger... we are ready for you baby!
Wow! Time has really gotten away from me this Summer so now I'm playing catch up. Last March, Joe and I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a weekend away in Seattle. We stopped first in Snoqualmie to see the falls and then went on to Seattle. It was a quick trip, but we had a blast! Here are some pics:
The Petrified Log at The Train Museum in Snoqualmie
Joe versus the train!
Snoqualmie Falls was my favorite parts of the trip. The flowers were all in bloom and it had a great small town feel to it. However, we still hurried on to Seattle. There's only so much you can do in a small town.
Our first night in Seattle we ate at Crab Pot - Joe was very excited for so much Sea Food!
Most Memorable Moment: After dinner we were waiting at the crosswalk when a disheveled looking man crossed into oncoming traffic. He didn't even flinch as car after car almost hit him - he just kept walking towards us staring straight at Joe. When he got across he kept mumbling to Joe about his "perfect body." Then he stumbled off. He was clearly on something and we couldn't help but laugh about his "perfect body."
Naturally, we stopped by the Space Needle for a great view of the town.
Next morning we took a trip to the Ballard Locks. I believe this was Joe's favorite part of the trip.
Hardly any fish in the fish ladder...
After the Locks we browsed around Pike Place. There were gorgeous flowers and delicious desserts everywhere, but I was hoping to see more giant fish for sale. Guess it's not very practical. I love this picture of Joe with the golden pigs.
We stopped at Pike Place Chowder for lunch before we left town. Best clam chowder and sour dough I've ever had! The wait was definitely worth it. No wonder they've won so many awards!
At some point along the way we got lost and just drove around town. There was lots of cool street art and sculptures everywhere!
To finish up our trip we stopped at the beautiful Seattle Temple before road-tripping it back home.