"We should really be thinking of happiness as a skill which is no different than learning to play the violin or learning to play golf."
And now I would like to take a moment to find joy in the ordinary. I am grateful for:
- My wonderful husband whose loving care nourishes my soul daily.
- 40 degree weather. 40 is the new 60 here in Spokane.
- Youtube workouts which continue to peak my interest and motivate me to break a sweat.
- Books. An addiction which gives and takes.
- New experiences. I was particularly thrilled this week to make my first ever purchase at Sephora. I was always too intimidated to go in before, but I left feeling more beautiful than ever.
- The Lord's direction in my life. I need it constantly and would be lost without it.
- My exuberantly beautiful son. I kiss his cheeks daily and cannot imagine that a more heavenly child ever existed. May he grow up slowly.