Sunday, January 11, 2015

January


Winter in Manito Park

I love January, but this January has brought with it much heartache and sorrow. Still, everything seems so new at the start of a new year, and the idea of a fresh start sets my love for goal-setting into full swing. Of course, it is also my birthday month, but I have never been that into birthdays. I like to celebrate other's birthdays and I don't mind getting older, but I'm not one for parties or events that put me at the center. So, this month I will be sticking close to home and family, that is, assuming Joe will ever get a break from his hectic last semester of law school.

This January my spirits have been lifted because I've had the White Christmas soundtrack on repeat. Normally after Christmas is over I am so done with Christmas music, but the big flakes of snow falling outside my window right now have bid me continue on with the festive and romantic spirit of the holiday. I think I'll bundle up, make a big mug of hot chocolate, and watch the snowflakes fall. After all, this very well may be my last winter with snow. Maybe I'll even get a little crazy and add some whipped cream and mini chocolate chips to that hot chocolate... maybe.

[photo]



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I SOMETIMES FEEL GUILTY THAT WHITE CHRISTMAS IS SUCH A PART OF MY CHRISTMAS--I MEAN THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT THE SAVIOR IN IT--AND YET, SOMEHOW, LIKE YOU, IT BRIGHTENS MY LIFE AND LENDS MUSIC TO MY HEART