Sunday, April 6, 2014

April 5, 2014: 6 Months (and then some)

Six months ago we received our greatest treasure. He is strong-willed, jovial, itchy, active, hungry, loud, lovely, and so much more than words can describe. I remember fondly the day we brought him home from the hospital. He was only two days old. Red and gold autumn leaves sprinkled the roads we drove down. Joe wanted to remember that these roads were named Grand and Regal; it seemed very fitting to us. I cannot believe it has only been six months since we met our son - it feels like he has been a part of our lives forever. And yet, I cannot believe how quickly he is growing up! The days are short since he arrived. We love him so.





This last month was a busy one for us, and Ezra just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. At 6 months he weighs 17 pounds 6 ounces. We had the opportunity to spend a week in Vegas and a week in Tomball with each side of our family. Ezra met some different animals during his travels, and although he was a bit hesitant, this Momma is set on making him an animal lover. He does love animal noises though and loves when we read Dr. Seuss's Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?

He is not hesitant; however, about his love for splashing, kicking, and rolling around in the bathtub. He loves the water. He also loves talking! He regularly babbles, squeals, and grunts at us, so naturally we show admiration when we reply back to him. Towards the end of the month Ezra took some big steps when he figured out how to sit up unsupported and roll all the way onto his tummy. I was so excited I gave him a standing ovation... and then I got my camera and waited to see if he would do it again. Could I be any more of a proud mom?


We had such a good time in Vegas on Spring Break. Lots of birthdays were celebrated, I finally got to watch Goodbye, Mr. Chips and The Unsinkable Molly Brown, and Joe helped Mom build a chicken coop for the three hens they got while we were there! Cleo was very friendly with Ezra, although, she did give him a friendly scratch that he didn't appreciate. Ezra also got to play in a jumper and swing at the park for the first time. Neither ended up being his favorite activity so we will have to try them again later.



After Spring Break, Ezra and I were off to Tomball for Jillian's baby shower, while Joe headed back to Spokane for school. Ezra loved seeing Lincoln and playing with him. Lincoln could already sit up, so I think watching him really helped Ezra see that he can do big boy things too! Mom and Dad had just gotten some chicks, and Ezra loved watching them. We had to be careful because he liked them so much he grabbed one and squeezed it... poor thing. 




Ezra loved all the attention he got in both Vegas and Tomball, and he loved watching Tally run around when he would do tummy time. Sometimes we had to shoo her away because she wanted nothing more than to lick his face. 



Above is the very first time Ezra sat up all by himself. While in Tomball, I got to go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo to see Luke Bryan perform. He was okay, but I absolutely love the rodeo. My favorite event is the mutton busting. If you've never seen it you can watch a clip here. It would unquestionably make my life if one of my kids ever got to participate in mutton busing in the Houston Rodeo.

I also got to help with Jillian's cowboy themed baby shower. Everyone did such a wonderful job on the shower. I was so impressed by everything from the decorations to the food. Joe and I can't wait for our second nephew to get here!


No comments: